Terms and Conditions
UK Events & Tents Limited
These are the Terms and Conditions of UK Events and Tents Limited whose registered office is at 13 High Street, Pulloxhill, Bedfordshire, MK45 5HB.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all equipment, all bookings and services (referred to as “equipment”, “bookings” or “services”) provided to any client (the Client) by UK Events and Tents (the Company) and to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions.
Quotation, Booking and Payment
Any verbal booking made by the Client is provisional until you have accepted the Company quotation in writing and paid a 25% deposit. Quotes are valid for 10 days from the quoted date on the proviso the equipment is still available.
The price and terms for provision of the services is set out in the quotation supplied. The period of hire is understood to mean the period from the delivery date until the equipment has been dismantled and removed from the site.
If the Client requires additional facilities or equipment they must give the Company at least 28 working days’ notice to ensure availability. All invoices are due and payable by cleared funds, 10 working days prior to the date of installation of equipment or provision of service unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Company. Payments can be made via BACS, bank transfer or cheque – payable to ‘UK Events and Tents Limited’. If payments are not made on time, bookings are at risk of cancellation.
Availability of Equipment
If for reasons beyond our control equipment booked is not available, the Company reserves the right to substitute alternatives as close as possible to the Client requirements. In the event we cannot substitute alternatives the Company shall notify you of cancellation of the contract in which event any deposit or money paid by the Client will be refunded.
Delivery, Erection and Site Suitability
Bookings with the Company are undertaken subject to the following: -
- The Client will ensure the equipment can be erected and dismantled on time.
- The size and surface of the site are suitable for the erection of the equipment:
- the Client provides a firm and level site of turf (or some other material not impervious to stakes and able to absorb rainwater)
- the site is served by a firm access road adjacent to the site (no more than 20m) with adequate hard-standing for commercial vehicles
- the site is free from flooding, trees and obstructions. If this is not the case or if the Client wishes the Company to erect the
equipment in a different position to the one indicated by the Client at the time of quotation, the Company may increase prices
accordingly if there are subsequent increases in labour costs or another factor.
- The company will not be held responsible for any uneven finish to the floor caused by the surface beneath, the Client should as far as
practical arrange for surfaces to be level prior to erection.
- If the Company has not conducted a site visit, the Client is responsible for ensuring all equipment will fit.
- The Client has provided the Company with the location of any underground services e.g. gas, water, electricity etc. that could be
damaged by marquee fixing or any apparent obstacles which may affect the location and erection of equipment. The customer is responsible for any costs associated with the repair to unmarked / unidentified services and associated costs relating in their interruption resulting from not being identified.
- The Client is liable for any additional costs if extra equipment or work is required outside the quotation, or the equipment is required outside of the agreed period of hire.
- The Client or associates will not enter, within 10 metres of the equipment during the period of erection and dismantling without prior agreement from the site foreman.
- The Client will obtain prior written approval before affixing items to walls, floors, ceilings or furniture or to use any lighting, heating, cooking or other gas or electrical appliances of any kind without the previous written consent of the Company. The cost of repairing any damage caused to equipment, its contents or its grounds by the Client or its guests will be charged to Client.
- Acceptance on site by the Client shall in itself constitute acceptance in full of the terms and conditions.
The Company reserves the right to postpone or cancel the erection of equipment should extreme weather be forecast. Should equipment already be erected and severe weather conditions start, the marquee must be evacuated immediately, where possible and if safe to do so ensuing all entrances and sides are sealed where possible and call the Company emergency line – 07702 433194.
Insurance, Care of Equipment and Damages
The Company holds £5m public liability insurance, further details are available on request.
The Company reserves the right to charge for any damage caused to vehicles and ‘equipment’ belonging to the Company due to unsatisfactory site conditions and or access.
All equipment must be left in the same condition as originally supplied by the Company. If any equipment is not, cleaning charges may apply.
The Client will be responsible for any costs that occur when replacing or fixing any equipment that is lost or damaged. If the Client or representative is not on site at the time of dismantling to agree any damage incurred, the Client agrees to accept the Company’s statement of damage and charges.
The Client must ensure the equipment is heated in cold conditions to protect from frost, snow or ice. In windy conditions the Client must take all reasonable care to ensure all openings are closed when not in use.
Any outside equipment with an open flame i.e. BBQ, open fire, must be placed a minimum of 10 feet from the marquee
Once installed, all equipment hired becomes the full responsibility of the Client until the company collects, any loses will not be covered by the Company. The Client should insure all equipment for the period of hire.
The Client will keep all equipment secure and any door or zip wall in place fastened when not in use and will not remove any items without the prior written agreement of the Company, any structural components.
The Client shall ensure no artificial heating and or lighting i.e. candles are used in any equipment without the Company’s prior written consent.
Where the Company provides any luxury toilet units or equivalent, the equipment shall not be used for dishwashing, laundry, bathing or emptying any other chemical toilets.
The Company reserves the right to remove any equipment being misused.
Where the Company provides any fridge units albeit trailered or static, excessive cleaning will be charged for at a rate of 20% of the total hire price. Excessive cleaning will apply when the equipment i.e. racking, floors, walls, ceiling are excessively covered in food stuff, fat or oil which require cleaning with special solutions or hot wash to disinfect and clean the internal surfaces therefore returning the trailer to the original condition at the start of hire period. Muddy floors, surfaces and liquid spillage are acceptable as per normal use of the trailer as are spots of food here and there.
Generators and Power
The Client shall be responsible for supplying electricity to any necessary equipment from plug points provided by the Client no more than 30m from site and installing any connections required to additional mains services where necessary.
If the Company is supplying a generator, the Client is fully responsible for supplying the Company with accurate power requirements for any external equipment being used. Should the generator be used for any third-party equipment, the Company must be notified with accurate power requirements before the event. The Company takes no responsibility for power failures due to external equipment faults.
The Client will confirm numbers attending, timings and any special requests in relation to any booking at least 10 working days prior to commencement of any booking.
The Client & where necessary caterers are responsible for removing all catering and personal rubbish from the marquee prior to collection. If this is not adhered to the Company reserves the right to make a charge for labour and skips to dispose of the rubbish. The Company will remove and dispose any rubbish and /or bottles when providing these services.
The Client will give notice or obtain all necessary permits from any authorities who are or may be concerned and must make applications where necessary to the Planning Authority, District Surveyor, Police, Fire Brigade and any other appropriate organisation. Any costs incurred in delays or modifications in the work arising from the absence or misrepresentation of all such permissions shall be payable to the Company by the Client and shall be deemed to be part of the charges.
The Company accept no responsibility for direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage to property occurring to the Client or any of its guests. The Company does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to the property and vehicles of the Client, or visiting guests however caused.
Cancellation or Exclusion
If the Company is unable to fulfill the booking it may offer alternative facilities to the Client.
In the event of cancellation by the Client the following charges will be invoiced and due for payment on the date as originally contracted: -
- More than 90 days before hire period – 25% or deposit paid (whichever greater)
- 61 - 90 days before hire period – 45% or deposit paid (whichever greater)
- 31 – 60 days before hire period – 60% or deposit paid (whichever greater)
- 14 – 30 days before hire period – 75% or deposit paid (whichever greater)
- 14 days or less – 100% of total charge
The Company shall have no liability in respect of any delay or failure in performing any obligations to the Client due to any cause of whatever nature outside the reasonable control of UK Events and Tents or its suppliers. For example:
- Unsuitable site, act of God, war, strikes, riots, lock out or other labour disturbance, fire, flood, restrictions on the use of transport, fuel
or power, requisition, terrorism, shortage of material, transport or labout or any other cause.
The Company will promptly notify the Client of the occurrence of such an event of force of majeure and the obligations of the Company will be suspended for the duration of such force majeure event.
These conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law.